Call for Papers: Literature and Migration | GÖÇ KONFERANSI 2017 BİLDİRİ ÇAĞRISI: “Göç ve Edebiyat”
On behalf of the Organizing Committee we cordially invite you to The Migration Conference 2017. The conference will be hosted by Harokopio University Athens and will convene from Wednesday 23 August to Saturday 26 August 2017. This world congress of Migration Studies creates a forum where scholars, experts, young researchers and students, practitioners and policy makers are encouraged to exchange knowledge, share research and debate the issues that challenge existing modes and models of migration, discourses to understand human mobility, ponder about better policies and practices.
Göç Konferansı düzenleme komitesi adına, göç ve edebiyat üzerine çalışan, siz yazar, araştırmacı ve öğrencileri, 5. Uluslararası Göç Konferansında Göç ve Edebiyatı özel oturumuna davet etmekten büyük kıvanç duyuyoruz.
Göç Konferansı, 23-26 Ağustos 2017 tarihleri arasında Yunanistan Atina’nın merkezinde yer alan Harokopio Üniversitesinde gerçekleşecektir. Konferans, göç alanında çalışan uzmanların, genç araştırmacıların öğrencilerin ve göç politikası düzenleyici ve uygulayıcılarının göç alanlarındaki bilgilerinin paylaşımına ev sahipliği yapacaktır.
Special Track CfPs: Literature and migration | Migration theory | Communications, media and mobility | Gender and mobility | Transnational Social Spaces, Cities and Migration | Gypsies and mobility | Germany’s refugee policy | Law and Policy | Conflicts and War | Integration & labour markets | Diasporas and identity | Internal - international migration nexus | Data and methodology | Remittances and development | Movers and non-movers
We invite colleagues to submit papers for The Migration Conference 2017 special track sessions on litareture and migration.The special session(s) on Turkish Migration and Literature is convened by Assoc. Prof. Ali Tilbe, Assoc. Prof. Sonel Bosnalı from Namık Kemal University and Prof. Dr. Medine Sivri from Eskişehir Osmangazi University in Turkey.
For these special sessions on migration and literature, the following non-exhaustive list of themes is available:
• Migrant(s) and migration in Turkish literature covering novels, poetry and plays, comparative literature;
• Turkish novelists and poets living abroad;
• Turkish literature on Lausanne migrants (1923-26);
• World literature and migration / migrant /mover
• Exile and literature;
• Migrant identity, multiculturalism, integration in literature;
• Linguistic changes, reflections, bilingualism in literature on migration and of migrants;
• Conceptualisation of migration and literature nexus.
These special sessions will include papers in Turkish and in English.
Deadline to submit abstracts or full papers until 28th March 2017.
Konferansın düzenleme ortakları, Regent Üniversitesi Ulusötesi Araştırmaları Merkezi (RCTS), Yunanistan Atina Harokopio Üniversitesi'dir. Türk Göç ve Edebiyatı konulu özel oturum, Namık Kemal Üniversitesi'nden Doç. Dr. Ali Tilbe, Doç. Dr. Prof. Dr. Sonel Bosnalı ile Eskişehir Osmangazi Üniversitesi'nden Prof. Dr. Medine Sivri tarafından yürütülecektir.
Göç Konferansı 2017, Türkiye içinde ve dışında disiplinlerarası göç incelemelerine odaklanmış uluslararası hakemli bir bilgi şölenidir. Göç ve edebiyat araştırmalarına odaklanan bu özel oturum için çok keskin sınırlarımız olmamakla birlikte, yazı konuları şunlardır:
• Türk edebiyatında göç ve göçer imgesi: roman, şiir, tiyatro
• Türkiye göçerleri ve göçer edebiyatı;
• Yurtdışında yaşayan Türkiye yazar ve şairleri
• Dünya edebiyatı ve göç
• Sürgün ve edebiyat; kopuntu edebiyatı
• Edebiyatta göçerlerin kimlik sorunu, çok kültürlülük, bütünleşme ve benzeşim
• Göç ve dilsel değişimler ve yansımalar, iki dillilik, dil teması
• Göç ile edebiyat ilişkisi üzerine kuramsal yaklaşımlar
Bu özel oturumda sunulacak bildiriler, Türkçe ve İngilizce sunulabilir.
If you haven't used this system before you may need to register as a user first.
We look forward to seeing you in Athens, and if you have any questions regarding this special track please do contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
On behalf of the Conference Committee
Ali Tilbe, Sonel Bosnali, Medine Sivri (Special Track Organisers)
300 sözcüklü bildiri özetinizi ya da 7 sayfa bildiri tam metnini çevrimiçi sistem aracılığıyla aşağıdaki linkten gönderebilirsiniz: (http://www.turkishmigration.com/submit).
Bildiri gönderme ve yazım kuralları için konferans web sitesine başvurabilirsiniz: (http://www.tplondon.com/conf/index.php/MC/2017/about/submissions).
Sunulan bildiriler arasından seçilmiş makaleler, Transnational Press London Yayınevi tarafından ya bildiri kitabında ya araştırma kitabında ya da Migration Letters, Border Crossing ve Göç Dergisi gibi dergilerimizde yayınlanacaktır.
Her konuda ayrıntılı bilgi için bize başvurabilirsiniz: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
LIST OF TOPICS:
• migration law and policy• movers, non-movers • passport geographies • culture of migration • domestic care migration • return and onward migration • departures, destinations, arrivals, transit • migrant children • refugee children • borderlands • trafficking and irregular migration • retirees and elderly migration • göç ve edebiyat • göç ve sinema • international migration • internal migration • migration, arts and culture • transnational and multicultural practices • identities, ethnicit(ies), and minorities • sanat ve göç • religion and religious communities • Mexican migration • migration in the USA • Refugees in Germany • British expats • Brexit and EU migration • minority diasporas • Alevis • Data and methods in migration research • Grounded theory in migration studies • Bayesian methods in migration research • multiculturalism and cosmopolitanism • refugees and burden sharing • migration management • Syrian migration and refugees • US-Mexico wall and other walls • Brain drain and brain gain • Return migration • Migration history • conflict and insecurity • Identity • households education and human capital • religious groups • Retirement migration • remittances • migration and development • migrant consumers and consumption • social, cultural, and political networks • migrant associations • homeland, displacement, Diaspora • Greece-Turkey border • new generations in diaspora • circular migration • Kurds • Circassians, Bosnians, Armenians • Population Exchange • Syrians and Iraqis • Nomads, Romanis, Gypsies • global cities • Africans in Turkey • Transit countries • Balkan migrants • Migration history • seasonal migrant workers • domestic care and migration • human trafficking • human smuggling • forced migration • discrimination, xenophobia • migration and inequalities • anti-immigration • migration politics • legal frameworks and policies • migration and citizenship • political participation • asylum and refugees • health and well-being • fertility, ageing and migration • gender roles and sexuality • assimilation, integration, adaptation, acculturation • EU-Turkey deals • mental health • families and households
If you haven't used this system before you may need to register as a user first.
The Migration Conference 2017 is a peer-reviewed international academic conference dedicated to the study of migration covering a wide range of multidisciplinary areas including dynamics and patterns of human mobility, legal and regulatory frameworks, labour market outcomes, education and human capital, brain drain and brain circulation, short term migrations, migrant integration, specific diasporas, such as of Mexicans, Latinos, Turks, Chinese, Caribbeans, Africans, Indians, South Asians, Kurds, Syrians, retirees, returnees, irregulars, and others, culture, media and politics, health and well-being of migrants, internal and international migration nexus, migrant experiences, mobile minorities, transnationals, nomads, Gypsies, Romanis, methodology in migration research, migration theory, the cost of migration, transnational space, transnationalism, political participation, legal frameworks, conflicts, non-movers and attitudes and policies towards migration and migrants.
The TMC conferences are unique in their dynamic, complex and multidisciplinary approach and focus on migration and surrounding issues, challenges and solutions to them. The scientific programme organizes papers around thematic lines and streams weaved around regions, corridors, country cases as well as global and regional perspectives and theoretical takes on human mobility and population movements with all facets covered from motivations and mechanisms of migration to policies and integration, to irregular movements and demographic and geographic analysis without ignoring the non-movers, host and sending societies. The conference accommodates training workshops, public roundtable discussions, invited talks, oral presentations, poster presentations, special sessions and thematic workshops. The conference will start with the Opening Plenary in the late afternoon of August 23rd with keynote speeches by distinguished scholars in migration studies. In past conferences, an excellent line of scholars including Barry Chiswick (University of Washington), Philip Martin (University of California Davis), Jeffrey Cohen (Ohio State University), Karen Phalet (KU Leuven), Caroline Brettell (Southern Methodist University), Tariq Modood (University of Bristol), Ibrahim Sirkeci (Regent's University), Gudrun Biffl (Danube University), and the most cited scholar Douglas Massey (Princeton) have been keynote speakers.
The Migration Conferences’ goal is to facilitate the inter-disciplinary exchange of knowledge and provide an outstanding opportunity to meet fellow researchers working on a wide array of topics and themes. Participants in the conference also have the opportunity to submit their work to special issues of the journals Migration Letters, Remittances Review as well as opportunities to contribute to the edited books published by Transnational Press London .
The official language of the conference is English but since the TMC 2015 Prague, we have introduced parallel sessions in other languages through special sessions.
Submissions of papers and posters are welcome from scholars, experts, policy makers and PhD students carrying out research in the field of migration.
We are looking forward to seeing you in Athens!
TMC Conference Committee